Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Great suggestions on fighting scrapers, reposters and sploggers

Miriam Schwab raises a very important issue about scrapers, reposters, and sploggers ripping off her content in WordPressGarage is being scraped! I want to stop them…now!.

The comments are very informative and I recommend reading through them all.

The basic problem is, you find your content being republished on some other site without your permission and want to stop them. Some of the suggestions are:

Having fought spam for many years, the best way to deal with this is to go after their pocket book. Track down an AdSense ID, file a complaint with Google or their other advertisers. If they can't make money easily, they'll look for other prey.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have my stuff re-published from my blog all the time.

I like your ideas on this, especially the adsense id idea. I have to try that. Thanks.