Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Technorati Link Count Widget timing


In response to my last post, I decided to ping Technorati and see how quickly my link to Derek's post would show up in the Technorati index. That was, after all, part of his interest.



Well, this screenshot of a Tecnorati Cosmos search result shows that it was under 6 minutes. However, it took me a bit to run that search. So, seeing as I have a little advantage, I looked under the hood.

Post creating timestamp: 2007-01-02 10:31:23

Post indexing timestamp: 2007-01-02 10:32:12

Wow! that was fast! 49 seconds.

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Editor said...

Dorion,

My boss (Howard Lindzon)would like to talk to you via email. I would assume he wants some insight on how to utilize technorati better
I can't seem to find your email address.
Therefore I'm asking if you would be willing to either:
1. email him directly at howardATlindzonDOTcom

2. Share your email address so I can pass it along to him. deralaandATgmailDOTcom