Friday, April 06, 2007

Technorati preparing for the next level

Dave Sifry, has posted several times this week sharing with the world just how far we have come in four years. I've been with Technorati for over 2 1/2 years and it's been a great ride so far with Dave providing awesome leadership, inspiration, and a technology foundtation we've been able to expand in many directions.

In Embracing Change, Dave talks about how he and the board have initiated the search for our next CEO. This person will have to be able to take us to the next level as a business. I am very proud of what we have accomplished. Traffic alone has grown almost 15X since I started. The number of employees hasn't even grown 3X. Talk about amazing things from amazing people.

The first 4 years have proven to me that Dave can get things started, grow them at a fantastic rate, and hire industry talent that gets things done. I love being counted in that group and thank Dave for helping me grow with Technorati.

In classic Sifry openness, he is sharing with all of you what he wants us to become and that, if there is someone out there who can grow us 15X or more again in the coming years, he wants that person on board yesterday.

Every day I think about how to make Technorati better, how to keep up our promise to Be of Service, how to scale the infrastructure and product. I also think about how to grow this business and continue to innovate. Dave has taught me that, not only is it ok to make mistakes, we should all be ready to make them - lots of them. You just have to fail fast and not make the same mistake twice. You have to be willing to trust in the people around you to either do the right thing or to make the wrong thing right quickly

Dave isn't going anywhere and I am stoked about where we are and where we are going. Onward to the next level!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: