Monday, March 03, 2008

Speed and stability can make a huge difference

Over at Perry Web (Technorati? OK, Maybe I Do Care.) they noticed some of the improvements we've made in performance and stability on Technorati.

We've put a lot of effort into our search infrastructure over the last 3 quarters and I am extremely proud of our Operations team. Not only is our back end performance under 1 second almost all the time, the team was able to achieve this with very little additional expense.

I'm very excited to see someone posting good news since I suspect there a lot of others who have noticed but not thought to blog about it.

Finally, the other obvious thing that makes a huge difference is great people. That's what we have and we are looking to grow our team. Check out the job listings.

Technorati Tags:

,
,


Update:

Case in point, here's a snapshot of my blog page on Technorati that shows it took 49 seconds between me hitting the Publish Post button and the post being available in the Technorati index.

No comments: